Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Alena and Nelsons' Photo Album




This photo album/scrapbook was made by laminating cherry and beech together to make a 1/4" cover and back. Decorative copper was burned and set in between the lamination. The hinges are of wood and copper and the paper was hand made by Drew Cameron from the Green Door Art Studio. Alena has told me that the covers have slowly warped in opposite directions, but the hinges still work fine. I won't know how I feel about this until the next time I see it. Perhaps I'll post pictures of it's new condition.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Rauf said...

very unique, looks really beautiful

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Bloated Goat Studio said...

Incredible. I love how it opens. I keep envisioning the cover as french doors...wouldn't that be something?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home